Field Service Representative Job Posting
Job Type: Full time, Regular
Education: High school diploma
Category: Technical Service
Provide on-site technical support for industrial washing, sterilization and surgical equipment through preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, equipment modifications and installation support. Provide excellent customer service by pro-actively communicating with customers on a daily basis. Utilize technology to complete service call reports and other administrative duties as required.
Essential Job Functions
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, and rebuild/refurbish industrial washing, sterilization and surgical equipment and system components.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on various types of equipment from multiple manufacturers. Types of equipment may include but are not limited to autoclaves, rack washers, bottle fillers, tunnel washers, bedding dispensers, cart washers, endoscope washers, blanket warmers, surgical tables, surgical lights and other type of equipment manufactured by Getinge (CASTLE), Steris (ASMCO), Consolidated, Tuttnauer, ETC and other manufacturers.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through pro-active communication, dedication to resolving customer equipment performance issues/problems, and maintaining an effective service schedule.
- Utilize technology (laptop computer and related software) to perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required paperwork completion in a timely fashion per company policies. This includes, but is not limited to: (1) planning daily, weekly and monthly schedules to achieve optimum utilization, (2) completion of service call reports (SCRs) and submission to customer within 24 hours of service call, and (3) maintain accurate tool and parts inventory levels.
- Increase company growth by identifying sales opportunities, recommending appropriate products and services to customers, and identifying new potential customers in the local service area.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, colleagues and management. Communicate timely and effectively with customers regarding scheduling preventive maintenance and routine service calls.
- Maintain courteous and professional demeanor when working with customers, contractors, management and fellow employees. Utilize customer policies and protocols when entering and exiting customer facilities and abide by all Washer Solutions policies and procedures.
- Respond to routine customer and sales questions regarding equipment operation and performance. At management discretion, provide on-site support to the sales team by identifying opportunities, sizing, and utility requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, squatting, sitting, standing, climbing and twisting. Must be able and willing to travel up to 3 hours to customer sites that include, but are not limited to: hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, surgical centers, pharmaceutical production facilities, animal research centers and universities. May be subject to customer drug testing, customer specific safety training, or customer standard operating procedure training. Flexible schedule required to accommodate customer needs and emergency service calls.
High school diploma or equivalent. Valid driver’s license required. Completion of mechanical, electrical, or electronic technical school training preferred.
Minimum of one to two years experience in a related field of work with technical school training, or three to five years experience without advanced training. One to three years experience in the repair and maintenance of Getinge (Castle) and/or Steris (AMSCO) industrial washing, sterilization and/or surgical equipment required. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Strong technical and troubleshooting skills. Proficiency in computer and Windows software required. Strong organization and problem-solving skills. Ability to work independently and without close supervision. Flexibility to handle multiple and changing priorities. Ability to work flexible hours and travel as required (60-90% estimated travel).
General knowledge of the following: principles and methods of sterilization, steam generators, industrial controls, central processing systems, modular transport systems and industrial washing equipment. Basic knowledge and experience with electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems.
One to three years experience in the repair and maintenance of Getinge (Castle) and/or Steris (AMSCO) industrial washing, sterilization and/or surgical equipment. General knowledge and experience with the following types of equipment manufactured by Steris (AMSCO), Getinge (Castle), Tuttnauer, ETC, Consolidated, Primus and others.
• Autoclaves / Sterilizers
• Blanket Warmers
• Cage & Rack Washers
• Endoscope Washers (Steris System 1) • Glassware W asher
• Surgical Lights and T ables • Steam Generators
• Tunnel Washers
Compensation & Benefits
• Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience • Medical, dental and prescription drug insurance
• 401 (k) participation with employer match
• Paid vacation and holidays
• Travel expense reimbursement
• Company vehicle, if applicable
• Company supplied laptop computer, cell phone and other technologies, if applicable